The Palo Santo sacred wood to purify
The Origins of Palo Santo: Palo Santo means “sacred wood” in Spanish or “holy staff”. It is a tree of the Zygophyllaceae family, plants growing in tropical or arid areas. When mature the tree reaches 18 m in height and has many small leaves and dark green fruits resembling small capsules.
The Palo Santo is found in Peru, Ecuador, Brazil and even in Bolivia. The Inca shamans already used Palo Santo by burning it during religious and spiritual rituals for its purifying virtues. It was also used to attract good luck and promote communication with deities.
The essence was used to treat skin or muscle problems and the decoctions to relieve stomach problems.
The aromas of Palo Santo:
Palo Santo contains limonene and therefore gives off citrus aromas (lemon-orange) very present in the trunk of the tree. The aroma of Palo Santo is woody, sweet and suave. We could compare it to a mixture of cede, lemon eucalyptus, sweet grass with a hint of spearmint.
The different uses of Palo Santo:
Palo Santo is mainly used in incense to burn because the smoke released cleans and purifies the atmosphere of negative energies and evil spirits. The incense of Palo Santo is still used in the ceremonies and rituals of shamans to clean up the environment and only receive the positive waves of the gods implored.
The benefits of Palo Santo:
- It is a lucky charm that calls for luck since it repels unhealthy energies.
- Palo Santo is a natural mosquito repellent thanks to the lemony scent.
- The Palo Santo helps to introspection, to the connection with his deep self.
- Palo Santo is a natural aphrodisiac that stimulates gentleness and increases tenderness in romantic relationships.
- Palo Santo increases one's self-esteem and gives self-confidence.
- Palo Santo relaxes the body and relieves it of all nervous tension, it also allows you to engage in a discussion avoiding conflicting relationships.
- It brings calm and serenity in the house where it burns or even in a work environment because it helps concentration.
- Palo Santo purifies the environment while leaving a sweet scent.
- The Palo Santo balances the energies inside a house, for example, and captures positive energies while repelling negative energies.
- Finally, it is widely used during meditation, reiki or yoga sessions because it relaxes the mind and receives beneficial energies.